• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Poker Champion

Poker cool modelling

This topic is 4229 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi does anyone know what technology has been used to produce www.pkr.com Is this all done in Maya? What programming language do you think has been used? How do you guys rate Flex2 for game development? Thanks

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
I'll just comment on pkr.
It looks nice but what does it add to the game? answer: nothing. In the online verison I play I turn off most graphics and go to a simple view; don't see chairs players etc etc only cards and chips. When playing poker for real then you need to see players reactions, body language but this is not the case with online play.

Cool, thanks.... however I was interested in the development aspect of my question. Anyone, please answer my question.

Also, to get the animation do you think they had guys sitting in special suits to map realisitc movement of the characters?

Cheers

Guest Anonymous Poster
Something similar...

Guest Anonymous Poster
Grr, no href available for AP's?

http://www.vegas007.com/

Quote:
Original post by Poker Champion
Anony, thanks. But what is the best software for this, MAYA or Flash?

Both, Maya for modeling and animating the characters and enviroment, Flash for display, client-server communication to some degree, state management, action triggering and probably more.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!