Suggestions For Animation Library

Started by
0 comments, last by dastle 17 years, 5 months ago
I'm creating an animation component library for XNA. I realize that creating a library for animation is ambitious, but I think with XNA it's possible to make a useable component. I'm looking for suggestions on what types of features to implement. My current features: - loads and runs unskinned animations - user can set animation speed - choose between linear and spherical linear interpolation - choose between 3 animation qualities - choose between pre-computed and on-the-fly computed interpolations Planned features: - skinned animations - animation factory for creating animations on the fly - reverse interpolations - various algorithms for smoothly interpolating between animations and relatively incompatible keyframes - *ragdoll effects - *cubic interpolations - *inverse kinematics - *bezier curve interpolations *These features may or may not be implemented, depending on whether or not I have the time and can figure out a way to include them in the library in a useful manner. Does anyone have any other suggestions?
Advertisement
Oh yeah - you can see more details about the library's status quo at http://www.codeplex.com/animationcomponents

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement