• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
jhansen

ResultArg and D3DTA_TEMP

This topic is 4325 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, I have the following states set in an effect for use with the multistage texture blender: Texture[0] = (e_TextureDiffuse0); ColorOp[0] = Modulate; ColorArg1[0] = Texture; ColorArg2[0] = Diffuse; AlphaOp[0] = SelectArg1; AlphaArg1[0] = Texture; ResultArg[0] = Temp; ColorArg1[1] = Temp; ResultArg[1] = Current; For some reason I get the following error with the DirectX debug runtime on: Direct3D9: (ERROR) :Unsupported result argument. This doesn’t make any sense because D3DPMISCCAPS_TSSARGTEMP is true and thus supported on my video card. I need to use the temporary register in the texture blender. Why am I getting this error? Thanks.

Advertisement
What graphics card do you have, and do you have the latest drivers? Remember that although a card may support a load of different texture blend arguments, the card doesn't have to allow all possible combinations to be used. That's why you should use ValidateDevice() to check things like this. This tends to be be a problem particularly for older cards.

Is it not possible to work around it, and not use the temp register?

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!