[web] Where to start?!?!

Started by
1 comment, last by Mathachew 17 years, 5 months ago
I want to get into java,&#106avascript all that kind of stuff but i have no idea where to being! Do i begin by learning HTML? or do i go right into java, i want to make this as easy on myself as possible, i was to gain to valuable skills, i want to beable to make Webpages as well and program my own stuff using java, a list of what should be learnt prier to learning the more complicated stuff would be greatly appreciated.
Advertisement
Java is independant of HTML and &#106avascript. You don't need to learn either of those two to understand Java. An understanding of HTML can help you as you start to develop Java applets.<br><br>As for &#106avascript, you will want to know HTML to understand its full potential. I am not sure if you can use it independantly of HTML or not as it has been a while since I studied it and really used it. But I would suggest learning HTML as you learn &#106avascript.
-----------------------------------------------------
http://divineknightgaming.com
There have been a number of people who have asked the same thing.

Basically, if you want to learn to do anything on a website, learn HTML and CSS. From there, you learn what you need to learn in order to accomplish what you are wanting to get done; this will vary with everyone as you might need something for client side or server side, which will affect what you choose.

Why the strong interest in Java? To clarify, in case you didn't know, Java is not &#106avascript.

The most valuable web developers are the ones that have a broad working knowledge of most major web technologies. In an all Linux environment, for example, .NET is virtually useless as you can easily use PHP, Perl, or Ruby on Rails.

So again, it all comes down to what you want to accomplish.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement