• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
seanmasterflex

Unity Getting started with LuaPlus and VS8

This topic is 4327 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, I have browsed on gamedev.net quite a few times for answers to my questions and it has been very helpful for that so I'd like to thank the community for that before I get to posting ;) So I am going to start integrating LuaPlus v5.1 into my game. I have decided that to meet our needs, this is the best and most flexible language for us. However I have run into a few problems. 1) Downloading LuaPlus v5.1. I have visited http://luaplus.org/tiki-index.php?page=LuaPlus+Home+Page (the LuaPlus download page) a few times and don't know how to download the package. Apparently I need to use SubVersion to do so. Anyone familiar with this or have downloaded LuaPlus from this page? In the meantime, I downloaded LuaPlus v5.0 from sourceforge.net and am tinkering around with this... So does anybody know of a site where one can download a nicely zipped copy of the LuaPlus v5.1 package with everything I need to get started? 2) Setting up Visual Studio 8. I am not sure how to setup my project files in VS8 to be able to begin using LuaPlus. I have added the include and lib paths appropriately in the Tools->Options of VS but still nothing. Also, how does one setup the integrated debugger to work in visual studio (or on its own)? Do I need to compile LuaPlus before doing anything else? The downloaded package came with source code but I imagine that it is there only if I want to modify it... 3) Tutorials. I have founded a few tutorials to walk me through, but never having used scripts before (or being properly setup) I don't know which one to follow. Does anybody know of a good one? I haven't found any tutorials that outline how to get started with VS 2005 with LuaPlus. I am developping on Windows XP in VS 2005. I will be interfacing the LuaPlus calls with C++, which was a big factor in choosing LuaPlus. Any help, comments or whatever you can provide is always appreciated... Thanks, sean

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!