• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Emmanuel M

headers

This topic is 4232 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement
i dont thing it exist a way of doing that...but you could go to a cyber cafe and get it downloaded there. or to a friend house...or... you could buy a book, that got the SDK on the code CD. ( a book about programming in D3D ).

That or use a download manager, and download it a small part at a time, or leave it downloading at night

I'm not sure, but I think I've found an "order CD" button somwhere on the msdn. I don't know how it works however.

I believe asking a friend to download it for you and then ship by snail mail could still give you higher bandwidth than your 15kbps and likely lower costs as well.

The .h files are useless without a lot of the rest of the code, like the DLLs and .lib files. And if you're just learning DirectX, you'll have wish you'd downloaded the full SDK with samples and everything.

Seriously, it's far better to download the full SDK at a friends house of a web café as idloco suggested.
I wouldn't go for a book though (At least, not just to do this), a lot of books use the DX8 SDK, and the latest book probably won't even have the most up to date SDK.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!