• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
ClementLuminy

.NET simple questions...

This topic is 4406 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello ! I'm new to .NET development, can any body tell me how to use the System::Windows::Forms. I've tryed to use it, in my c++ application, but the compiler complain and tell me that this namespace do not exist ( but System and System::IO exist ). Do i have to do any knid of special manipulation to use this namespace ? And an other question: Do you know which class or method i have to use in order to lunnch an external application ( a .exe ) Thx Clement vidal

Advertisement

Using managed namespaces :

You've added the appropriate references ? You need those, theyre the equivalent of the old lib linking you do with unmanaged c++.

If you first use the wizard to create a simple Forms application you will see what it adds. After a while you can see whats needed and then can handwrite your own so that you don't use the unnecessary extras.

I too, would suggest the approach mentioned above.
Also make sure, the other assembly can "see" the Form.

And I think the .NET Forum would've been the right one to post this question.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!