• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
def

Angle of a 3d vector

This topic is 4239 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi guys, can some one help me out with a calculation I am trying to do? I am trying to make an AI pilot a ship in 3d. The strength the AI "pushes/pulls" the stick is dependant on the angle the ship is facing compared to it's target. What I'm stuck on, is how do I calcualte the angle between vRight, and vTarget, along the plane vDirection and vRight? I think I need to convert the vTarget to be 2d along that plane and calculate that way, but I'm not sure how to do that. If anyone can undertand what I'm trying to do can you help me out please? Thanks!

Advertisement
Hey guys you can ignore my last post... It wasn't a problem in my math I guess, more of a problem in my code that followed. It's flying perfectly now.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!