• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Son of Cain

[java] Can I add a SWT widget in a swing JPanel?

This topic is 4327 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi folks, I need some advice from the folks here that use Eclipse as their IDE. My entire project is written in swing... I need to display an IE browser window as one of my requirements, and I was previously using JDIC for that. It was cool and working, but I know that the current version of SWT can do that as well (with the Browser component), and since I will need the OLE controls that it also provides, I decided to dump JDIC and use SWT for these few requirements. I am not going to change my entire GUI to use SWT... It is already done, in swing. My question is simple: can I render a SWT widget on a JPanel component (swing)? I know that the opposite is possible (i.e, render swing/awt within SWT components), but I would love to add that browser component to a JPanel that fits nicely to the rest of my GUI. Thanks in advance for any help, Rodrigo

Advertisement
Sounds cool.

Does it has support for the SWT features I mentioned (native browser, Ole support)? If I could just render a SWT widget inside a JPanel, that would suffice.. Don't want to add yet another dependency, or swap my GUI code.

Anyway, I'm downloading it to evaluate it. Thanks for the tip. Rate++ ;D

Or asking about it on a forum, because the guy who suggested it might know about it or any pitfalls related to it :p

I downloaded the library, and I'm going to see how it fits on my code. It's about 1MB dependency, and it matters to my project. Plus, I feel uncomfortable having three UI APIs on the same classpath :p

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!