• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
jdh302

[.net] F# programming language

This topic is 4405 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Has anyone out there tried using the F# programming language for graphics/games work? It is as fast as C# and as concise as OCaml... Cheers, Jon.

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
Is it based on the net framework or does it run on it's own virtual machine?

i'm playing around with it atm (and others here, too, but i guess few people read the .net board).
i can't comment on the speed, but it's said to be in the same league of C#. and of course it runs on the net VM.
so far, i found it a charm to work with, everything ocaml lacks - namely libraries and tools - is present and perfectly usable. the module system is kinda fucked up, though.

i really hope to get more chances to use it (spent half the day hunting down some nasty seg fault bug in C++ ..again [help] )

when we're already talking about F#...can anyone give me a hint on how to do a bitwise-or on a C#-enum? i'm having trouble setting the video mode with SdlDotNet...

edit: Enum.combine does the job. meh.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!