• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Arun Prasad

OpenGL help

This topic is 4415 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I want to learn openGl, i followed the redbook but it has some header file used aux.h and i cant find it any where and later i came to know that its very old and now you should use glaux.h Im not sure about that, but if thats the case then i cant follow the redbook so can any one say to learn openGl what books i can follow and for compiling which software i can use That is now im using MicrosoftVisualStudioDotNet 2003 and using MicrosoftWindowsXP professional OS But i dont know whether it is the correct software to compile and run it Because some of them are using DevC++ and might be there could be other softwares too, i dont know so kindly reply about the pdf i can follow and software i can use Thank you

Advertisement
Quote:

I want to learn openGl, i followed the redbook but it has some header file used aux.h and i cant find it any where and later i came to know that its very old and now you should use glaux.h

Im not sure about that, but if thats the case then i cant follow the redbook

Why not? Using glaux.h should not be a problem.

Quote:

so can any one say to learn openGl what books i can follow and for compiling which software i can use

The standard is Visual Studio (Version 6+). Try NeHe for tutorials. Although those links ff8 will probably be a bit more use to you at the moment.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!