LINUX: SUSE 10.1

Started by
3 comments, last by nmi 17 years, 5 months ago
I have an x1400 ati graphics card in my computer and after just installing Suse 10.1 yesterday, there's no 3D support for it. Does anyone know where I can find 3D graphics card support? I can't even play the "Moto whatever it's called" (a graphically primitive game), in the games folder that comes with the Suse 10.1 because it gives me 1 frame / second. Furthermore, before starting the game it says. "3D graphics support not detected". Like I can get into Suse 10.1 but I can't actually do anything slightly graphically intensive. Any ideas? What website should I look at? I've got a Thinkpad R60, 2 gigs of ram, and a 128mb graphics card. Any guidance would be well appreciated.
Advertisement
did you try ati?
http://www.atitech.ca/support/drivers/linux/linux-firegl.html
Okay, thanks.

Yes, I downloaded the drivers from that website. One problem though: they want me to run a ".sh" and a ".run" in order to install the files.

Yes. I've set the user persmission to execute via. "chmod u+wrx file.sh" however, when I try running is like so:

Note: '// refers to c++ style comment didn't actually put the comment in :p'

Quote:
> ls // to check what's in the directory. Obviously the file was there
file.sh // displayed the directy
> chmod u+rwx file.sh // set permission for user to read/write/execute
>file.sh // ran the file.
command not found // error

did I execute the .sh correctly?
./file.sh
The shell does not look into the current directory for programs to execute, but just the directories specified in PATH. That behavoir is different from Windows.

Do as Konfusius suggested and run it via ./file.sh
Adding the current directory to PATH is not recommended.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement