• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
l2ob122

[web] Ok so what do I need to study to learn web design

This topic is 4233 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Based on the information i have recived from the select few if i want to get the max out of web design, i need to know the following Html CSS Xtml javascript Is this Correct? Should i be learning more than one at once? or should i focues on HTML and then move on? Suggestions What are some good books to look at? [Edited by - LessBread on November 17, 2006 3:06:28 PM]

Advertisement
Quote:
Original post by Paulius Maruska
Don't waste time on HTML.
Just learn XHTML
To make this clearer: XHTML is the latest version of HTML, which reformulates it in XML. It supersedes HTML 4.

mmm wow i didnt know not needing to know HTML would would be something i had to worry about, are you sure that having a good knowledge of HTML wouldnt it make XTML and CSS much faster to learn? Im currently wondering what kind of books are good to look up for the subjects

So what is the the diffrence between XML and XTML?

If i want to say pursue a career in this field i would go and learn XTML first?

In regards to learning XHTML and CSS, no book will contain better insight and explanations than those found on the internet. I would almost say the same applies to javascript. I learned them all without the need of a book. As already suggested, W3Schools.com is an excellent resource. I cannot stress that enough.

Do yourself a favor and quit posting about "What should I learn? Where should I start?" and go learn already. Starting three topics on the same thing isn't going to improve your knowledge of web development and design; moving forward and asking questions about specific HTML, CSS and/or javascript problems will.

Quote:
Original post by Mathachew
In regards to learning XHTML and CSS, no book will contain better insight and explanations than those found on the internet. I would almost say the same applies to javascript. I learned them all without the need of a book. As already suggested, W3Schools.com is an excellent resource. I cannot stress that enough.

Do yourself a favor and quit posting about "What should I learn? Where should I start?" and go learn already. Starting three topics on the same thing isn't going to improve your knowledge of web development and design; moving forward and asking questions about specific HTML, CSS and/or javascript problems will.

Knowing where to start is the first step to knowledge my friend. You dont play in the NHL if you cant play hockey, you dont drive a truck if you cant drive. You dont make websites if you dont know where to start. Get my point? You need to start somewhere and i dont want to be learning something that doesnt need to be learned, i want to be clear on what i need to know, so when i know what i need to know, and learn what i dont need to know

Quote:
Original post by l2ob122
You dont make websites if you dont know where to start. Get my point?

You don't make a website if you never start. You have been referred to W3Schools.com, get started already.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!