[web] Ok so what do I need to study to learn web design

Started by
18 comments, last by jbadams 17 years, 5 months ago
Based on the information i have recived from the select few if i want to get the max out of web design, i need to know the following Html CSS Xtml &#106avascript Is this Correct? Should i be learning more than one at once? or should i focues on HTML and then move on? Suggestions What are some good books to look at? [Edited by - LessBread on November 17, 2006 3:06:28 PM]
Advertisement
Don't waste time on HTML.
Just learn XHTML + CSS (both, they go together) and then learn &#106avascript.<br>Best resource here would be a <a href="http://www.w3schools.com/">www.w3schools.com</a> website.<br>
Quote:Original post by Paulius Maruska
Don't waste time on HTML.
Just learn XHTML
To make this clearer: XHTML is the latest version of HTML, which reformulates it in XML. It supersedes HTML 4.
mmm wow i didnt know not needing to know HTML would would be something i had to worry about, are you sure that having a good knowledge of HTML wouldnt it make XTML and CSS much faster to learn? Im currently wondering what kind of books are good to look up for the subjects
XTML _is_ HTML. learning XTML is just the newest version of HTML with some new goodies added.

-me
Fixed the thread title
"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes." - the Laughing Man
So what is the the diffrence between XML and XTML?

If i want to say pursue a career in this field i would go and learn XTML first?
In regards to learning XHTML and CSS, no book will contain better insight and explanations than those found on the internet. I would almost say the same applies to &#106avascript. I learned them all without the need of a book. As already suggested, W3Schools.com is an excellent resource. I cannot stress that enough.

Do yourself a favor and quit posting about "What should I learn? Where should I start?" and go learn already. Starting three topics on the same thing isn't going to improve your knowledge of web development and design; moving forward and asking questions about specific HTML, CSS and/or &#106avascript problems will.
Quote:Original post by Mathachew
In regards to learning XHTML and CSS, no book will contain better insight and explanations than those found on the internet. I would almost say the same applies to &#106avascript. I learned them all without the need of a book. As already suggested, W3Schools.com is an excellent resource. I cannot stress that enough.

Do yourself a favor and quit posting about "What should I learn? Where should I start?" and go learn already. Starting three topics on the same thing isn't going to improve your knowledge of web development and design; moving forward and asking questions about specific HTML, CSS and/or &#106avascript problems will.<!--QUOTE--></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE><!--/QUOTE--><!--ENDQUOTE--><br><br><br><br>Knowing where to start is the first step to knowledge my friend. You dont play in the NHL if you cant play hockey, you dont drive a truck if you cant drive. You dont make websites if you dont know where to start. Get my point? You need to start somewhere and i dont want to be learning something that doesnt need to be learned, i want to be clear &#111;n what i need to know, so when i know what i need to know, and learn what i dont need to know
Quote:Original post by l2ob122
You dont make websites if you dont know where to start. Get my point?

You don't make a website if you never start. You have been referred to W3Schools.com, get started already.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement