• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
JWhetstone02

Anyone know how to construct a Rose?

This topic is 4232 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Anyone think they know a simple way to construct a rose? I was thinking of GL_TRIANGLES but, not too sure if that would be the better approach to drawing a rose. ... I have a vase on a table and a stem with a sphere on the end, lol, not quite a rose, but if anyone could possible lend a helping piece of knowledge. Or just not a rose, but petals around the sphere would be a help. Thanks

Advertisement
Surely for something like this, using a dedicated modeling program (Maya, Max etc...) would be better, then importing it into OGL. Certainly much easier! :)

For something like this, and performance isn't a key thing here, I'd try to create a petal out of GL_POLYGON in 2D (not ortho, but just ignore the Z axis or something), then maybe when you're happy with the outline try to extend it slightly in the Z axis to give it depth.

For the sphere thing, just use that... a sphere. Maybe throw a bump map on it to give it that bit extra.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!