• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
eviltwigflipper

Vista RTM and DX10 SDK

This topic is 4235 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

The current DX10 sdk only works with Vista RC1, as everyone knows RTM just released to Connect, MSDN, and TechNet Subscribers, and a updated SDK isn't planned until December(according to MSDN Customer Service), my question is what actually makes the DX10 system fail with the current SDK? The SDK only includes Library Files, and headers, that actuall backbone of DX10 is in binaries that are allready included with the OS. Have function names changed at all? What actually makes the DX10 emulator fail on versions of the SDK that aren't designed for a paticualar build?

Advertisement
I believe there were some final minor tweaks to the new driver model. As the REF rasterizer pretends to be hardware, it must follow the driver spec. The SDKs usually appear early in the month, so we should see a new DX release within 2-3 weeks or so, and you'll be good to go, albeit slowly. After that you just need to win the lottery to get yourself a 8800GTX card, get nVidia to release some D3D10 drivers, and you'll be good to go for real. ;)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!