C++ error graphics.h

Started by
10 comments, last by Evil Steve 12 years, 11 months ago
OK, im just tryin to start programming in C++ since I've spent too too long in java and decided it's worth switching now to C++. I've been through the C++ book of mine that I've picked up and it's very similar to java, but im trying to draw circles, and squares, and stuff and the dang compilers keeps saying now file or directory exist with the "graphics.h" library header? Ok, im very frustrated im using Dev C++ and everytime I try to sample codes and see how they work i get a billion errors any advice? thanks, c.s. finch
Advertisement
excuse it keeps saying no file or derictory of "graphics.h" exist. What compiler and C++ editor do you suggest me to use? Im using Dev C++ 5.0 (beta) from bloodshed.net

do i need a new compiler, editor, or how easy is this to fix. I just wanna start making games until I can dive into 3D stuff.
There is no standard method of drawing graphics in C++. There is no standard "graphics.h" file. Whatever code you are using as reference has written that graphics.h file, or its just an example.
so how do I draw graphics in C++ squares, circles, etc... Could you please guide to a place where I could learn how to draw graphics in C++; where ever should I begin. it's like java has alot of similarities in C++ with vars, methods/functions classses, but then im trying to see how you need to draw a graphic, or you have a graphic and you want to open it up in the C++ program and I am just freaken clueless. Please help.

Thanks,

c.s. finch
c++ doesn't have a default means of drawing. A simple library you can download is SDL. I would recommend doing some console-based programs and tutorials first. www.libsdl.org
If I'm not mistaken, "graphics.h" is a header that comes with Borland compilers. Which text are you referring to for learning?
must be an old book. as the above poster noted, graphics.h is Borland's old BGI DOS graphics header. u r looking at circa 1992-1995 lol.
i have too book with graphics.h examples. i bought it only two years ago. that book doesnt say it need borlad anywhere. hrrr
OK, so how can I make a small game with C++ that will show me how to move, use keyboard, load images, etc... If I can learn how to make a double buffer, use the keyboard for movement and load graphics I'll be good for awhile.

Thanks,

c.s. finch
Not it has a solution...To use graphics.h first you need to download winBGIm devpack for your dev c++. Just refer this link to download http://tinf.ti.funpic.de/_nicht_loeschen/WinBGIm-6.0-1g17l.DevPak or go to this site for demonstration http://onecore.net/winbgim-graphics.htm Thankyou
Sagar Pathak

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement