• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
forestlaw89

laptop trouble stalling development

This topic is 4229 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am currently working around the clock to learn opengl. Now I just got a new laptop. It is a acer aspire 3004WCLi and I am having issues with it. Well this problem started right out of the box actually. When I turned on the laptop the acer logo doesn't come on, I hear windows start up, and I see the backlight. But no display from the monitor itself. So I sent it in to those aliens at "CUSTOMER SERVICE". they replaced the main board and did a fresh re-install. Now when I get it back I turn it on, and it works. But, I restarted it after installing my compiler. I run into the same problem again, I get a backlight, and a windows startup, and no display. Well to my luck the vga works, but its quite unfortunate I need a moniotr to use my laptop. So if anyone has any solutions on how to fix this, and by "solutions I mean anything but customer service", please respond to this. Thanks in advance, Forestlaw89

Advertisement
uh, whatever a hardware solution can be, you'll need serious SMD soldering skills for it. the guys at the customer service will just unplug, take out, put a new board in, re-connect stuff. and you've still got a warranty for it, eh?

in the mean time you can just practice opengl on the box you're writing from ;)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!