Regarding to Create a video game

Started by
7 comments, last by Ezbez 17 years, 5 months ago
Hi there, Myself and 4 others are considering of creating a pc game at the moment called Ravage Tatics Online but in the future we would like to create a video game on the worlds most known Gaming Consoles Like Playstation 2 and Xbox 360 but in the near future we would like to know are there anything we need to know to inorder for us to place the games on to cds so they can be placed on playstation or xbox Is there anything we need to know for getting our game to be placed on cds to be played on Playstation Consoles or even xbox consoles?
Advertisement
What is your programming background?You might consider starting a little smaller and slowly working your way upwards.

As far as consoles are concerned I am not sure but I think special toolkits are needed which will cost you a huge amount of money.If I am wrong at this anyone correct me so I don't misinform people.

Quote:
As far as consoles are concerned I am not sure but I think special toolkits are needed which will cost you a huge amount of money.If I am wrong at this anyone correct me so I don't misinform people.

Yep - that's true. I'm not sure what the toolkit is or if there is one, but I know that licensing fees are huge.
Greg Philbrick, Game Developercoming soon . . . Overhauled CellZenith
It is possible to use XNA Game Studio Express for Xbox 360 development, but it requires a $99/year subscription.
The downsides are:
No commercial development
Can't distribute via DVDs
No networking support yet
To play on someone else's 360, they need to have the same subscription, and you need to send them code, media, etc which ther compile theirselves.
Well for myself i am head webdeveloper of the divsion but i was just wondering as for the background programming the others have enough knowledge to create a game.
Programming knowledge would be about the same as making a PC game, as XNA is a framework instead of a game maker.
As of now it's used with C# but since it's .NET I'm sure once the official version is out VB.NET and managed C++ will be supported.

Linky
Oh I hope that XNA will support C++ in the future becuase that is what I am learning right now. :)

You should probably stick to pc games for now. Especially since you don't have C, C#, or C++ exp. Plus I think that pc is a better platform anyway.
For PS2 and PSP you may want to look at this site if its non commercial
Quote:Original post by X_GRAYWOLF_X
Oh I hope that XNA will support C++ in the future becuase that is what I am learning right now. :)

I'd be surprised if it does, but don't worry - C# will be quite fast to learn once you've got a grip on C++.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement