• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
bionic_atom

SDL help in Dev C++ please

This topic is 4407 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

OK, i was told if i want to make graphics go to lazyfooproductions.com/SDL-tutorials/lesson01/windows/devcpp.html and read the tutorial on how to setup the SDL for Dev C++ so I can start creating graphics, and such; however, it ask you to download the SDL-devl-1.2.8-mingw32.tar.gz file so I did. ANd the instructions are followed. Open the gz archive and there should be a .*tar acrchive inside. (theres not) Open the .*tar and there should be a folder inside of that (theres not) Open the folder and it'll contain a bunch of subfolder (can't find it) Copy the contents of the bin subfolder to the Dev C++ bin folder (could do that if I could find the folders) Next copy the contents of the lib subfolder to the Dev C++ lib folder. (can't find it either) After that, open the include subfolder in the archive and extract the folder named SDL to the Dev C++ include folder which should be at C:\Dev-Cpp\bin (can't find that either) NOw I did find the SDL.dll which told me to drop that in my system32 folder so I did, but everything else I haven't been successful at. Can anyone guide me to doing this correct before the day's over? Thanks, c.s. finch

Advertisement
I fixed the problem, so please don't worry bout finding the solution just a very stupid mistake on my part like not reading the directions carefully, but one I wrote the directions out I found my mistake. Sorry again.

thanks,

c.s. finch

You have started a number of threads already today on this topic. Prefer to keep posting in the same thread rather than start a new thread for every little hurdle.

Glad you got it sorted.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!