• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Programmer101

Getting D3D and VC 2005 to work

This topic is 4323 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Okay, so I recently bought visual studio 2005 b/c vs 6 didn't work completely with directx 9. Now that I installed it compiling sample programs always gives a link error and I need some help.(i must sound like a real noob, oh well guess i am). Heres the error: 1>Linking... 1>CVTRES : fatal error CVT1100: duplicate resource. type:MANIFEST, name:1, language:0x0409 1>LINK : fatal error LNK1123: failure during conversion to COFF: file invalid or corrupt 1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\DX90SDK\Samples\C++\Direct3D\Water\Debug\BuildLog.htm" 1>Water - 2 error(s), 58 warning(s) ========== Rebuild All: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ========== I would be greatful for any help. When I build dx9 files that aren't samples it usually works. Also im using dxsdk 9.0b and i think it has the summer 2003 update.

Advertisement
Quote:
Original post by Programmer101
Also im using dxsdk 9.0b and i think it has the summer 2003 update.
Is there any particular reason you're using an SDK thats over three years old? [smile]

Not sure if it is the answer, but it may well be that an SDK that came out 2-and-a-bit years before the compiler isn't actually compatible... Trying a newer SDK is probably a good idea.

Searching for the VStudio errors is ALWAYS a good idea and is in the FAQ for obvious reasons. I'll leave it as an exercise to the reader for now - but the first page of results for both web-pages and newsgroups/forums generates several pages all stating similar solutions to the error message [wink]

hth
Jack

Check my post Compiler Error: http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=424659

because I give the information how to get VS2005 working with DirectX SDK

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!