• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Archnemisis

Coding help for HL2 mod

This topic is 4323 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

G'day all This is my first time around here so go easy on me :P . Now i've recently come up with a mod idea for the PC game HL2. After seeking advice, I was told to try and implement some of the features on my own to show i mean business rather then start the mod with nothing. The mod is a FPS/RPG. I decided to try and tackle one of the bigger features of the mod, NPC conversations. I simply want a point and click system (or rather a point and press a key system) where the player would walk up to an NPC press a button on their keyboard and for the game to recognise that the player wants to talk to it and therefore initiate a conversation that would bring up a window and supply the player with various options (i.e ask questions etc). How would i go about doing this? I have a basic design doc written up. http://www.filefactory.com/file/7559d3/ It is however, nowhere near finished. If this is too big a task or anyone simply feels like a challenge then i am looking for coders to join the team. Probably one to begin with before anything major is kicked off. Thanks for your time.

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!