ID3DXSprite doesn't work in some computers

Started by
4 comments, last by Mari_p 17 years, 4 months ago
Hi, I made the same graphic interface using two Direct3D resources: 1) ID3DXSprite 2) Quads (2 triangles) Using Quads it worked fine in all computers I tried. Using ID3DXSprite it worked fine in most of the computers, but the textures didn't appear in some others (and also no error message). I tried to render just one simple texture (a jpg image) and the problem persisted. All the computers have 3D graphic card. Does ID3DXSprite require some specific hardware resource to work? Thanks in advance
Advertisement
That's odd. ID3DXSprite has worked 100% for me on the few cards I've tested (Radeon X300, Radeon X1950XTX, Geforce 6600GT, and a few different Intel Integrated chips).
NextWar: The Quest for Earth available now for Windows Phone 7.
Thanks for replying, Sc4Freak.

Perhaps those computers have very old video drivers.... The strange is that the quads worked in.

I'm using the first release of DirectX9 SDK (2002). I will try DirectX 9.0c SDK... ID3DXSprite seems a bit different in this SDK version (at least in the syntax of its draw method [smile]).
Do you have any information about the computers it didn't work on? Knowing the graphics card model would increase our knowledge an infinite percent.
____________________________________________________________AAAAA: American Association Against Adobe AcrobatYou know you hate PDFs...
DXSprite (in version 9) also displays these awesome black lines on the edges of your sprites on older cards. Neat! Use DX8 to fix this.
Quote:Original post by Raloth
Do you have any information about the computers it didn't work on? Knowing the graphics card model would increase our knowledge an infinite percent.

The graphic card of those computers is:

EliteGroup Computer System_AG305-32M
GPU SiS 300/305
Mem. 32MB

I had never heard about this card.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement