• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
errolian

Elves Revenge - My First XNA Game

This topic is 4256 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Elves Revenge This is my first ever attempt at writing a game of any kind. Title: Elves Revenge Players: One Genre: 2D Platform Shooter Levels: 20 Random Levels Language: English Platform: Windows PC x86 Code: Microsoft XNA Beta 2 (C#) Screenshot: Game Demo Video:
">on YouTube Donwloads of both the game and the source code at http://www.errolian.com Please give me some feedback (good or bad).

Advertisement
I just watched the video. I think it looks pretty good, especially since you mentioned it is your first time writing a game of any sort.

How did you find working with XNA? (I am in the process of learning a bit of it, but full time school eats any available time I have).

Not many people can get a game working on their first attempt, I sure didn't. Good job. Just in time for xmas too :-D
Only thing I notice is that the playing field leaves a big gap to the edge of the screen.

Heck, I have been into game development since 1999 (less two years), and I still haven't produced anything with any actual gameplay. [grin] Good stuff!

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!