Heres some Black Friday for ya

Started by
30 comments, last by Benjamin Heath 17 years, 4 months ago
Christmas is about luring pagans away from their winter solstice celebrations and into Christianity. Just like Easter and the vernal equinox.

Chris 'coldacid' Charabaruk – Programmer, game designer, writer | twitter

Advertisement
Just to check in with people that know so much about what christmas is all about, you do know it is a pegan holiday that predates christianity right?

We'll not get into details of what the whole log/tree thing is actually about here.

Anyway, I must say it is somewhat ammusing to look at similar things happening in Canada. Like, last year for the boxing day sales, there must have been 500 or more people waiting to get into FutureShop. A large mob out front of the doors trampling each other to get that great deal? nope, an orderly line that went around to the back of the building.

Even had people that were close friends to someone already in line towards the front, rather than cutting in, the new people said hello and that, and headed towards the back of the line.
Old Username: Talroth
If your signature on a web forum takes up more space than your average post, then you are doing things wrong.
Its not so much 'zomg loss of faith and false religion' as it is consumerism, which is its own plight upon American people.

I say, decrease your wants. Encourage friends and family to decrease theirs. Turn off televisions, unsubscribe to magazines. STOP SHOPPING.
Save money. Read books. Educate and be satisfied. The purpose of consumer holidays is to make you feel more unhappy with your current state (what I/my friends/my family "needs") and pretend that you can fill that with purchases.

Oddly enough, we dont get all that much happier.

Stop shopping. Stay at home and scratch yourself, like I do.
Scratch yourself with rolled up wads of hundred dollar bills.
Sorry, but the fact that one lady's wig falls off just makes me think that something about that is fake...
Quote:Original post by krikkit

You mean if I hadn't bought my skis that I would be happier sitting at home than skiing out in the mountains?
Quote:Original post by mtw

You mean if I hadn't bought my skis that I would be happier sitting at home than skiing out in the mountains?

That's right, and youd be happier slowly starving than buying all that "food" they want you to think you need. Score one for "instantly going hyperbolic in internet conversations".
Quote:Original post by mtw

That's right, and youd be happier slowly starving than buying all that "food" they want you to think you need. Score one for "instantly going hyperbolic in internet conversations".

Well you did say to stop shopping and sit around the house, and that people don't get happier by buying things. I exaggerated because you did as well, and because I think your views on shopping are overboard.
Quote:Original post by Pablissimo
Quote:Original post by Salsa
I'm not really sure what faith has to do with this.

Do you have any clue what Christmas is about?

Heh... do you?

Edit: Talroth / Coldacid gave enough preface.
reguardless of christmas' roots, I couldn't give two shits about christianity or "faith"

I use it as an opportunity to give gifts to people I enjoy and get some sweet stuff

but, that video was pretty ridiculous
Quote:Original post by Ceoddyn
I use it as an opportunity to give gifts to people I enjoy and get some sweet stuff

This man is a font of wisdom.

XBox 360 gamertag: templewulf feel free to add me!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement