Sign in to follow this  
ELFanatic

transparencies

ELFanatic    100
I'm using the ID3DXSprite helper class for all my images and I want to have images fade out or fade in but I don't know a very reasonable way to do this. Right now I made several dds files with different alpha channels applied to them, well, really one large picture with the images tiled but that's a lot of extra work and the possible images may be too high to consider them all so is there a way to do this? A generic way that can be applied to any image?

Sc4Freak    643
The ID3DXSprite Draw function supports a simple recolour of your bitmap image. You can do a fade in/out by simply dimming the alpha channel.

For more information, consult the DirectX SDK Documentation. Look for the ID3DXSprite::Draw function, the last function argument controls the colour modulation.

ELFanatic    100
Quote:
Original post by Sc4Freak
The ID3DXSprite Draw function supports a simple recolour of your bitmap image. You can do a fade in/out by simply dimming the alpha channel.

For more information, consult the DirectX SDK Documentation. Look for the ID3DXSprite::Draw function, the last function argument controls the colour modulation.

You know I misunderstood what that argument meant. I thought it was a color key so whatever color I gave draw wouldn't appear on the screen.