10 hour games

Started by
30 comments, last by Bob Janova 17 years, 3 months ago
Some time ago we had several 3h contests here on Gamedev. On of my better entries (IMHO) was the fireman game.

I had a nasty bug that would spawn too much TVs depending on the framerate. This has been fixed and i also added a ladder (in the original the fireman was floating).

Lookie here for the fixed version: Click me!

Sourcecode is included.

I'd wager 3h originally plus 1h extra.

Fruny: Ftagn! Ia! Ia! std::time_put_byname! Mglui naflftagn std::codecvt eY'ha-nthlei!,char,mbstate_t>

Advertisement
Cool games everyone so far. Zerd, I can't get your tetris to work...

it says the application configuration is incorrect...
_______________________"You're using a screwdriver to nail some glue to a ming vase. " -ToohrVyk
ehm..? Thats interesting... Currently I don't know what this error is about. I build this game in VC++ Express 2005... What System are you using?

*edit*
Maybe I solved the problem... Try to download it again...

[Edited by - Zerd on November 28, 2006 2:46:03 AM]
Well, it works now! Good work for a first game.
_______________________"You're using a screwdriver to nail some glue to a ming vase. " -ToohrVyk
Quote:Original post by M2tM
Tetris clone... Well, nearly. It's got a nasty new block! ^^

Yes this block is really nasty ;) Thank you for your comment, I'll start a new small game soon since I got nothing to do on work again ;)
Missy is awfully fun for such a short development time!
I made a Blockbreaker game in that time and a tetrix game. The tetrix one I took the engine I made for the Blockbreaker. "engine" is a big word here for a little project lol.
But the code is nice and well documented.
Took me about those 10 hours to make the Blockbreaker. (I've used some libraries of mine for textures/sound/fonts.. cheating?)
I made them when I was at school. Just pwning the teacher. lol
I made the art in photoshop and used google to find the sounds. :D
Here the links (With source) :
Blockbreaker: http://www.rndlabs.ca/daivuk/TP/14/David_StLouis_Arkanoid.zip
Tetrix: http://www.rndlabs.ca/daivuk/TP/14/David_StLouis_TP2_Disco_Tetrix.zip

PS: Sorry code comments are in french.
Quote:Original post by Ezbez
Missy is awfully fun for such a short development time!

Thanks. You guys have seen the 10 hour version, I went insane and popped in another 14 hours of development since then...

You know the last 10% of a game takes 90% of the time.

The final version is a full 24 hours of development from myself... Some other people made the sounds specifically for this game (well, Graham's music was made before this game, but I got permission to use it)

I've renamed it DarkSkyFire and I'll be submitting an image of the day to gamedev.

More 10 hour games to follow as I get time though.
Once I'm done finals and on my Christmas break I'll make a game to post up here!
Quote:Original post by Daivuk
I made a Blockbreaker game in that time and a tetrix game. The tetrix one I took the engine I made for the Blockbreaker. "engine" is a big word here for a little project lol.
But the code is nice and well documented.
Took me about those 10 hours to make the Blockbreaker. (I've used some libraries of mine for textures/sound/fonts.. cheating?)
I made them when I was at school. Just pwning the teacher. lol
I made the art in photoshop and used google to find the sounds. :D
Here the links (With source) :
Blockbreaker: http://www.rndlabs.ca/daivuk/TP/14/David_StLouis_Arkanoid.zip
Tetrix: http://www.rndlabs.ca/daivuk/TP/14/David_StLouis_TP2_Disco_Tetrix.zip

PS: Sorry code comments are in french.

Those games are both amazingly cool for what they are. Solid stuffs man.

And yeah, my "engine" is really quite barebones... It's just a 2d thingy. I don't have anything for 3d right now... I should do that sometime, but I don't know how to model things so it would be relatively worthless until I could do that... Beyond that it would take a lot of research into 3d animation before I get good enough and competent enough to actually make something worthwhile...

I am not adverse to using something like Oger3d of course, but I really want to make something myself first.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement