Warning! Vista, DX10 and geForce 8800 GTX

Started by
13 comments, last by Krohm 17 years, 4 months ago
Finally I have Vista installed and got my 8800 GTX card and was really looking forward to start developing DX10 and geometry shaders! One thing is still missing though, there are no 8800 GTX drivers for Vista yet, not even a beta driver :( The drivers some people say should work says that I don't have Vista installed :) Do we really have to wait until January, when Vista also will be shipped to none developers ? Grrrrr
Advertisement
Not till january, but a few days more.
See: http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=35924
You will also need to wait a new DX SDK, as the October release doesn't support Vista RTM. Fortunately, the December SDK should be out in a couple of weeks (if all goes well).

Niko Suni

Wait - not even DX9-compatible drivers?
Quote:Original post by Nik02
You will also need to wait a new DX SDK, as the October release doesn't support Vista RTM.
Strikes me that this is the more important point. Even if you had D3D10/G80 drivers they'd almost certainly be for the RC2/RTM driver model which is unsupported by the October DirectX SDK.

Then again, I don't know how much of the October SDK is incompatible with RC2/RTM - might just be the RefRast...

hth
Jack

<hr align="left" width="25%" />
Jack Hoxley <small>[</small><small> Forum FAQ | Revised FAQ | MVP Profile | Developer Journal ]</small>

By the way, are there any news on Direct3D 9Ex?

Previously "Krohm"

Nope not even DX9 drivers for 8800 GTX!
Thanks for your replys, I've calm down now :)
I guess it's better waiting for a driver that is ok than get a driver
that hang or crash the computer.
Quote:Original post by Krohm
By the way, are there any news on Direct3D 9Ex?
D3D9Ex seems to belong in the Windows SDK rather than the DirectX SDK. here.

hth
Jack

<hr align="left" width="25%" />
Jack Hoxley <small>[</small><small> Forum FAQ | Revised FAQ | MVP Profile | Developer Journal ]</small>

Quote:Original post by Ezbez
Wait - not even DX9-compatible drivers?

The driver situation right now is unstable. ATi DX9 drivers are still beta, and they have no OpenGL drivers for Vista yet.

It should get sorted out in the next month or so.

You can read more about Direct3D 9Ex here:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/directx9_c/Graphics_APIs_in_Windows_Vista.asp

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement