Sign in to follow this  
Koobazaur

Looking at colleges...

Well, I made a thread asking about some college recommendations almost 2 years ago and here I am again (ironic eh?) Long story short, after half a year in my college I am looking to transfer out of this place and, seeing as last time I got really good feedback from you guys, I figured I might dig your gray matter again :) I have two interests at the moment: Computer Programming (I've beend playing with C++ for a few years now) and Graphics/Animation (digital media and whatnot). Probably the biggest factors for me is affordability as I have very limited resources (read: can't really depend on much parent contribution). The majority of schools that seem interesting are in the 30-40k range without any big scholarships, which is just too much for me One of my ideas is dropping my current college year and reapplying as a freshman, as that opens up more scholarships, especially the full-ride ones (almost a necessity in my ty situation and I got one to the college I am currently attending). So, long story short, I would be very greatful for info on schools that are in my areas of interest that are pretty affordable, either due to low costs or financial aid/scholarships. Just fyi, here are some schools I have been looking at, in case you have something to add about them: DePaul University (my top pick, but too pricey) University of Advancing Technologies (looks awesome, but full cost is some 23K and max freshman scholarship is a ty 2K. Maybe with fafsa, work study and a loan...) Northern Arizona University (being an AZ resident = much cheaper. But I hate huge state universities...) Devry University in Phoenix (close to home and has the fields that interest me, but then again, is one of the colleges that advertise themselves on TV which probably doesn't speak too well about them) New Jersey's Science and Technology University (looks pretty cool too, total cost is some 20k and they say the mixed help of scholarships, workstudy and loans can reach up to that, but they dont mention any specific numbers so I am a bit weary) International Academy of Design and Technology (their offered programs look really awesome, but their website lacks any detailed info (cant even find out tuition rates or student enrollment) so it kind of puts me off) Art Institute of Seattle (looks pretty interesting but also pricey, maybe with some scholarships...) Villa Julie College (pretty awesome programs but not much transfer scholarsip) Bloomfield College (pretty awesome programs but not much transfer scholarsip) [Edited by - Koobazaur on November 26, 2006 1:05:58 AM]