Sign in to follow this  
NeXuS15

XNA?

I was wondering how exactly XNA is going to work when the final build comes out. What I've read about it basically says it will allow you to create your own games for the 360 and Windows. I was curious as to whether or not the final build will support DirectX or will another technology be used? If so, what technology. Furthermore, I'm curious about whether or not the professional edition will actually allow you to create commercial titles, I mean will it allow you to create titles of that caliber say for a submission to microsoft to get it signed and how much will that cost (I know I probably won't ever have those kinds of skills, but I'm just curious)?

I'm sure you could submit any game in any language, and if it were good enough, a publisher would help you get it into the right language and formats for the platforms they want.

The "homebrew" system they're going for, the $99 small developer license, isn't intended for commercial games though. If however you ever develop a game you think could make it commercially, buying the commercial license probably wont' be a big deal. Heck MS would probably love for indie-developers to come up with high caliber games, it would prove that their more 'open' system is helpful for the gaming community.

Unfortunately what I have read indicated for awhile 360 usage is going to be awkward. You'll have to send the raw code for the person who wants to play it to send to their own xbox. If they ever integrate it to the marketplace so indie-devs can develop and distribute to 360 players, I think it will really take off. I'd love to create some small games to sell for like 99 cents.