• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DoubleDose

A question for Sixpack

This topic is 6868 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

DoubleDose-

Yes, they are. Borland changed their name to Inprise about 2 years ago--- some of their compilers still use the Borland name. I'm not sure, but they may even be dropping the Inprise name in favor of Borland; atleast for their compilers.

Yes, Inprise == Borland.

Six

you can find info on the product at: www.inprise.com
Be sure to check out the newsgroups on Builder... lots of your technical questions will be answered there (already).

Something you should be aware of, that I didn't think of at the time:
new versions of Builder seem to come out on an annual basis. Builder v5 could be out as early as Feb 2000 (realistically- between then and April)

When it does come out, it will probably be $120. Builder 4's price was probably lowered to $98 because it is later in the year.

Should you wait for version 5? I can't answer that. Personally, I can't see you using the majority of the new features in v5 -- I can't see myself using them either. In addition, you'd have to put up with the bugs of a new version. $90-some-odd is pretty cheap for the package you get.

The version of Builder isn't going to change the fact that you're still getting the same old Borland C++ v5.02.

[This message has been edited by Sixpack (edited December 07, 1999).]

[This message has been edited by Sixpack (edited December 07, 1999).]

Advertisement
You mentioned to me about Micromaster and to check out for Borland C++ Builder 4.0 Professional. You later changed it to look for Inprise C++ Builder Pro 4.0. Are they the same thing? Thanks.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!