Smoking and Smokers!

Started by
106 comments, last by T1Oracle 17 years, 4 months ago
Smoking is an enjoyable past-time. It gets you outside, makes you feel alert and calm, depending on what you smoke it can taste delicious, or taste like garbage. It also hurts your lungs and increases your chance of cancer and lung disease, makes you smell like a rotting corpse, and yellows your teeth! So, smokers; Why do you smoke? How often do you smoke? What do you like to smoke? When did you start smoking? My personal favourite is flavoured cigarillos; such as Kahluas, Primetimes, Captain Blacks. Socially I smoke cigarettes; I also smoke cigarettes if I feel stressed out and need a way to blow of some steam. I love the social aspect of smoking. I like going outside with all my smoking friends, braving the -40C Edmonton winter weather, and having a chat about girls, or whatever else is on our minds. I like to smoke while listening to Jazz. Some days I'll smoke five cigarettes. Some days I'll smoke a couple cigars. Sometimes I'll go for a couple weeks without smoking. Afterall, 24 hours after you quit, your chance of dying from heart disease goes down by 50%. So why not quit every second day? I think I belong to an unusual demographic: I started smoking when I was 20, unlike most of my friends who smoked in highschool. I started smoking to relax, and then began smoking socially. To Non-Smokers: Why don't you smoke? Have you ever been curious to try smoking? I love smoking, and you should too! I also recently started smoking at a shisha lounge out of hookahs. It's highly social and very relaxing, and as a bonus, comes in delicious flavours like Mango and Apple.
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by skjinedmjeet
To Non-Smokers: Why don't you smoke? Have you ever been curious to try smoking?

I don't smoke because of the risk of lung cancer. Otherwise I might.
Quote:

I love smoking, and you should too!

1) I enjoy breathing.
2) No.
3) Screw you.
hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia- the fear of big words
Every single person who smokes has breath that makes me vomit. Like my boss from the summer. Or like my producer. He'll sit next to me at an Avid station and the stench makes me want to die.

Kult House - Fresh Production Media

Quote:Original post by Salsa
Every single person who smokes has breath that makes me vomit. Like my boss from the summer. Or like my producer. He'll sit next to me at an Avid station and the stench makes me want to die.

You don't have to smell bad just because you smoke. Smokers with horrible smoke-breath tend to also generally have poor oral hygiene; at least in my experience. Pack-a-day smokers, maybe not, but if you smoke casually there's no reason for smoker-breath.
I had and have several friends who smoke, and give reasons as "it gives you something to do when you are bored", which sounds like a pretty stupid time-killer. But then I suppose it's better than the many people I know who started smoking in high school or as young as 10 years old who admit it was to be "cool" or to fit in.

I don't smoke because everyone else in my family does and in my lifetime 3 have died from smoking related diseases. I havn't personally seen or found any reason to and I discovered how much better things (and myself no doubtedly) smelled when I moved out of my parents house years ago.
I smoke a cigar every once in a while, socially. My friends sometimes smoke tobacco out of pipes and put on fake and horrible english accents. I don't really mind cigars, some of them taste really good, and they make my throat and mouth feel nice. However, I don't smoke cigarettes, the whole nicotine deal and inhaling the smoke into my lungs is a bit too much for me.

On the whole, I've found smoking to be a lot less scary than everyone made it out to be. When I smoked my first cigar I was expecting my lungs to shrivel and my heart to explode. Instead it just tasted good. Sure smoking is "bad" for you, but so is eating fast food. I think anything can be enjoyed in moderation.

There is some good input on smoking covered in this thread.

The 'Official' Pipe Smoking Thread

I DON'T enjoy smoking often. Especially the variety which requires inhalation in order to reap the full benefits of the nicotine. My lungs are very important to me. I like oxygen and smoking damages the respiratory system exponentially. That being said, I do enjoy tobacco and have nothing against a good pipe smoke or even a hookah.
For my money though and if I want a buzz, I turn to chaw. Copenhagen 'snuff' to be more precise...
Quote:Original post by SticksandStones
Quote:

I love smoking, and you should too!

1) I enjoy breathing.
2) No.
3) Screw you.

Seconded.

And, really, if you need a smoke to have an excuse to go outside, you should stop smoking and take up jogging.
[size="2"][size=2]Mort, Duke of Sto Helit: NON TIMETIS MESSOR -- Don't Fear The Reaper
Quote:Original post by Endar

And, really, if you need a smoke to have an excuse to go outside, you should stop smoking and take up jogging.

At first glance, I thought that you said 'juggling'.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement