Sign in to follow this  

troubles in starting with PhysX

This topic is 4038 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I can't get the latest version of the PhysX/Novodex API to work. It cannot get past the first step which is the following: NxPhysicsSDK* gPhysicsSDK = NULL; gPhysicsSDK = NxCreatePhysicsSDK(NX_PHYSICS_SDK_VERSION ); if(!gPhysicsSDK) return 0;

Guest Anonymous Poster
You can skip a line btw...

NxPhysicsSDK* gPhysicsSDK = NxCreatePhysicsSDK( NX_PHYSICS_SDK_VERSION );
if(!gPhysicsSDK)
return 0;

Does NxCreatePhysicsSDK() return a pointer? Does the SDK have a method to check for internal errors?

Check out this link (sorry as an AP I cannot make it clicky):
http://www.ogre3d.org/phpBB2addons/viewtopic.php?t=2646&sid=d9b6eda71c1c84557784419baa637b91

I am downloading the PhysX Drivers. However the drivers only cover the following versions:
2.6.0, 2.5.1, 2.5.0, 2.4.4, 2.4.1, 2.4.0, 2.3.3, 2.3.2, 2.3.1

My SDK is version 2.6.2, would AGEIA release an SDK that had no support? I guess I'll find out in about an hour when this download finishes.

For the 2.6.2 SDK you will need the latest PhysX_6.11.01_SystemSoftware.exe
There is also a note under the download:
Quote:
Please note: The 6.11.01 system software available here does not handle downgrades correctly. If a user forces an install of an older driver over this one, the PhysX runtime software may be left in an unusable state. We are aware of the issue and are working to resolve it.

Both the 2.6.2 SDK and the 6.11.01 system software should be available under downloads on devsupport.ageia.com

Regards,
ViLiO

This topic is 4038 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.