Sign in to follow this  
gunner_uk2000

Mesh (Skybox) Positioning

gunner_uk2000    122
I have mesh file which is a skybox. I am clearing the z-buffer and disabling z-writes, rendering the skybox, enabling z-writes, then rendering the rest. The problem i have is before rendering the skybox I am trying to move the mesh based on the camera position, ie so the camera is always in the middle of the skybox. I am unsure how to calculate this as i am not sure what point on the mesh is where i said draw the mesh. if i set the meshes transition to: (0, 0, 0) Which of the 8 points making up the mesh will actually be on (0, 0, 0)? Also the points in the .x file are all either -0.5 or 0.5, so would it be safe the assume in my application that the size of the square will be 1?

Captain P    1092
The position of that mesh is it's (0, 0, 0) point. So if all of it's vertices are 0.5 or -0.5, then the center of that box is at (0, 0, 0). So, when rendered at (0, 0, 0), none of the vertices will be at that point: the center of the box will be.

And yes, the edges will have a length of 1. We're talking about units here, simple floating values. These translate directly from a modelling program to any other program.