Sign in to follow this  
RavynousHunter

Problem w/ most recent DX SDK

I run Win2k Pro on my computer, i recently decided to grab the most recent DX9 (?) SDK, but it wouldnt install. it says basically that it cant be installed on my system. Whats up with this? Could someone point me to a version of the DX SDK that works in Win2k? This is most vexing.....

I believe they've already discontinued support for Windows2000. The latest rev of the DX SDK only installs on XPPro-SP2 with the latest patches.

I believe you're fine with the first version of the DirectX SDK 9.0c, or even if you use DX9.0b or DX9.0a...

*shrug*

Depends of course on what you were looking to do and/or if you had any dependency on a particular version of the DX SDK.

hth,

Quote:
Original post by TheOther
I believe they've already discontinued support for Windows2000. The latest rev of the DX SDK only installs on XPPro-SP2 with the latest patches.

Actually, it will install on a heck of a lot more than just XPPro-SP2. But, you're right, Win2K support was dropped some time ago.

I think you have to go as far back as the December 2004 SDK to get a working Win2K install, but I'm not 100% sure about that.