auto correct for compilers, does it exist?

Started by
11 comments, last by alway616 17 years, 4 months ago
Is there an auto correct menu on the Dev C++ compiler (kinda like the one on microsoft word)? if so where is it? the reason i want one, is: A: im lazy, i get tired of putting the #include........ B: with an auto correct on my compiler i would be able to make code 10 times faster because then i could have my own syntax for the sytax (ex:type 'i..' and it auto corrects it to #include <iostream> or somethin like that) if there isn't one i will just have to start typing my programs in microsoft word then copy and pastin em into my compiler
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by alway616
Is there an auto correct menu on the Dev C++ compiler (kinda like the one on microsoft word)? if so where is it?
the reason i want one, is:
A: im lazy, i get tired of putting the #include........
B: with an auto correct on my compiler i would be able to make code 10 times faster because then i could have my own syntax for the sytax (ex:type 'i..' and it auto corrects it to #include <iostream> or somethin like that)

if there isn't one i will just have to start typing my programs in microsoft word then copy and pastin em into my compiler

Intellisense does that. Or, at least, close enough to it for me. I hate MS Word because it won't stop trying to "correct" me.

EDIT:
Intellisense on wikipedia

It won't do #include for you (as far as I know), but it keeps me from having to remember other people's capitalization schemes.
XBox 360 gamertag: templewulf feel free to add me!
You just gave me a nice idea for a little development utility.
Thanks =)
he said it best:
Thanks
I have never used it, but there is a Visual Studio Plugin called Visual Assist that provides such features. There is a product review here on GameDev. It sounds pretty nifty, but $149 is a bit rich for my blood [smile].
I second the vote for Visual Assist. It has changed my life [rolleyes].

Be warned that it doesn't support Visual Studio Express Edition, though. If only it did, I'd be free to upgrade to 2005 and my world would be complete [sad].

Regards
Admiral
Ring3 Circus - Diary of a programmer, journal of a hacker.
it looks good and all but i second the part about $149 being to much...
plus its not truely auto correct, u can't enter in sytaxes that it will auto correct into the right thing, u have to reach up and click or press enter key...
plus u have to type in part of the syntax, with autocorrect u could make it so if you type in for instance "newprog" and have it auto correct it to
{

making life alot easier
Quote:Original post by alway616
it looks good and all but i second the part about $149 being to much...
plus its not truely auto correct, u can't enter in sytaxes that it will auto correct into the right thing, u have to reach up and click or press enter key...
plus u have to type in part of the syntax, with autocorrect u could make it so if you type in for instance "newprog" and have it auto correct it to
{

making life alot easier

lol yes alt+a alt+i scroll enter is far to much to ask for the following
#include <windows.h>LRESULT CALLBACK WndProc (HWND hwnd, UINT message, WPARAM wParam, LPARAM lParam);int WINAPI WinMain (HINSTANCE hInstance, HINSTANCE hPrevInstance, PSTR szCmdLine, int iCmdShow){    static TCHAR szAppName[] = TEXT ("");    HWND         hwnd;    MSG          msg;    WNDCLASSEX   wndclassex = {0};    wndclassex.cbSize        = sizeof(WNDCLASSEX);    wndclassex.style         = CS_HREDRAW | CS_VREDRAW;    wndclassex.lpfnWndProc   = WndProc;    wndclassex.cbClsExtra    = 0;    wndclassex.cbWndExtra    = 0;    wndclassex.hInstance     = hInstance;    wndclassex.hIcon         = LoadIcon (NULL, IDI_APPLICATION);    wndclassex.hCursor       = LoadCursor (NULL, IDC_ARROW);    wndclassex.hbrBackground = (HBRUSH) GetStockObject (WHITE_BRUSH);    wndclassex.lpszMenuName  = NULL;    wndclassex.lpszClassName = szAppName;    wndclassex.hIconSm       = wndclassex.hIcon;	    if (!RegisterClassEx (&wndclassex))    {        MessageBox (NULL, TEXT ("RegisterClassEx failed!"), szAppName, MB_ICONERROR);        return 0;    }    hwnd = CreateWindowEx (WS_EX_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW, 		                  szAppName,         		          TEXT ("WindowTitle"),                		  WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW,		                  CW_USEDEFAULT,         		          CW_USEDEFAULT,                 		  CW_USEDEFAULT, 		                  CW_USEDEFAULT,         		          NULL,                 		  NULL, 		                  hInstance,        		          NULL); 						      ShowWindow (hwnd, iCmdShow);    UpdateWindow (hwnd);	    while (GetMessage (&msg, NULL, 0, 0))    {        TranslateMessage (&msg);        DispatchMessage (&msg);    }    return msg.wParam;}LRESULT CALLBACK WndProc (HWND hwnd, UINT message, WPARAM wParam, LPARAM lParam){    HDC hdc;    PAINTSTRUCT ps;    switch (message)    {    case WM_CREATE:        return (0);		    case WM_PAINT:        hdc = BeginPaint (hwnd, &ps);        TextOut (hdc, 0, 0, "A Window!", 27);        EndPaint (hwnd, &ps);        return (0);		    case WM_DESTROY:        PostQuitMessage (0);        return (0);    }    return DefWindowProc (hwnd, message, wParam, lParam);}

Yes you can also enter you own autotext inserts.
The price is very good for what it gives you and the time it saves, as the saying goes "time is money".
Off-topic, on-tangent:

It's the flawless prediction of the next variable I'm going to use that charms me most. However, it has somewhat corrupted my coding karma, as I'm in the habit of only ever typing '.' and having it auto-corrected to '->' when appropriate [help].

Regards
Admiral
Ring3 Circus - Diary of a programmer, journal of a hacker.
Visual Studio provides a mechanism entitled Code Snippets that can do this for you.

[Website] [+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement