Sign in to follow this  

Problems with DirectX Joysticks

This topic is 4035 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I've been working on getting some joystick code running within my program, even getting it running without telling specific buttons what to do would be fine but what happens when I run the program is it begins to launch and then just freezes and stops responding. I've looked around a lot trying to find out more about the Joystick code but haven't found much. Here's what I have in regards to the joystick code.

lpdi->EnumDevices(DI8DEVCLASS_GAMECTRL, EnumJoysticksCallback, (void *)this, DIEDFL_ATTACHEDONLY);
	lpdiJoystick->SetDataFormat(&c_dfDIJoystick);
	lpdiJoystick->SetCooperativeLevel(hWnd, DISCL_BACKGROUND |  DISCL_NONEXCLUSIVE);

DIPROPRANGE dipr;
	dipr.diph.dwSize = sizeof(DIPROPRANGE);
	dipr.diph.dwHeaderSize = sizeof(DIPROPRANGE);
	dipr.diph.dwHow = DIPH_BYID;
	dipr.lMin = -1024;
	dipr.lMax = 1024;

dipr.diph.dwObj = DIJOFS_X;

HRESULT hr;

lpdiJoystick->SetProperty(DIPROP_RANGE, &dipr.diph);

hr = lpdiJoystick->Poll();
	if(FAILED(hr))
	{
		lpdiJoystick->Acquire();
		while(hr == DIERR_INPUTLOST)
			hr = lpdiJoystick->Acquire();
EnumJoysticksCallback is a callback function I have which does the following:
Input_Core *self = (Input_Core *)pContext;
HRESULT hr;

hr = self->lpdi->CreateDevice(pdidInstance->guidInstance, &(self->lpdiJoystick), NULL);

if(FAILED(hr))
	return DIENUM_CONTINUE;

return DIENUM_STOP;
Of course I use self in this sense because EnumJoysticksCallback is a static member of my input class. Finally I have a GetDeviceState() call and my final Unaquire() and Release(). If I comment out everything but the lpdi->EnumDevices() it runs fine but anything else locks-up the program. Anyone have any ideas as to code I can change or code I am missing?

This topic is 4035 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.