Software 3D rendering - i need your expertise on this

Started by
3 comments, last by Mastaba 17 years, 4 months ago
guys, im looking for some tutorials, book or URL to a 3D software renderer engine. but with features such as if i specify to draw a cube at 0,0,1 engine then renders this to an image file; a BMP or some image files or to an image file data. I need your expertise or some advice on how to do this, what things to learn or if theres available engine like this online
Advertisement
I don't really know if this is the right answer to your question, but I will try nevertheless:

There are 3D rendering tools like blender, 3d studio max,maya, whereas blender is free (www.blender.org). You could use it to model your 3D model and render it to a file.

If you want to render 'coded art', you could try to write a program which build up your mesh and export it to obj-fileformat to import it into blender and render it then.

--
Ashaman
Alternatively, you could render a scene in your favourite 3D library (OpenGL or DirectX), copy the frame buffer into a texture and save the texture out as a file.
I guess I don't get what you are trying to do since why would anyone want to use a software renderer when they are so slow unless you want raytraced images like BRYCE does?
Or are you trying to write your own 3d rendering software?
[size="2"]Don't talk about writing games, don't write design docs, don't spend your time on web boards. Sit in your house write 20 games when you complete them you will either want to do it the rest of your life or not * Andre Lamothe
Pov-Ray has a somewhat simple script format for drawing things.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement