Sign in to follow this  

FPS map.

This topic is 4031 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello friends! I've made some searches over the forum and google but wasn't able to find the information I need, because I don't know if I'm really sure what I have to search for... I want to start a small project of a First Person Shooter and I would like to know the best way to create an indoor scenario, something like an warehouse, or something like that. In another words, my walls and ground should be all straight. The thing I don't know how to do it, is plataforms or another floor levels, how to do that? I was thinking a way to create this dynamically, because I don't have to much space available. What's the best way to do that? Some kind of Heightmap? Don't know if I have the right concepts for this, anyone can point me any lacking concept? Regards, John.

Well for indoor height maps are of limited use.

BSP tree based environments have had a long run as king of the indoor all through the 90s and even up till recently. Though there are many choices.

The Quake series used a BSP implementation. Also Half-Life 1 which used a modified Quake 1 engine uses almost the exact same implementation.

The content creation tools for the Half-Life engine are almost second to none. I have used them extensively, they are easy to learn and very powerful. For my engine Black Engine I have written a v30 BSPManager which loads and renders the Half-Life version of BSP files. If your interested I can tidy up the code and send it your way.

Hey, Thanks for the answer!

I'll do some research about this BSP tree!

Quote:
Original post by Wavesonics
For my engine Black Engine I have written a v30 BSPManager which loads and renders the Half-Life version of BSP files. If your interested I can tidy up the code and send it your way.

I would be very nice!!! If you don't mind, could you send me a PM about?

Thank you very much!

Regards,

John.

This topic is 4031 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.