Education

Started by
14 comments, last by Roman Arce 23 years, 1 month ago
Well, I'm in a pathetic third world country called argentina and here college is also free for everybody, only that the education is total crap, private education is not better at all, for example in physics science (not physics engineering) there's only one option and it's in the free college, no private university teaches physics, but in that option in free college you only learn classic physics (stuff until 1900), about modern physics (after year 1900) like relativity n quantum mechanics they teach almost nothing, and teachers don't even understand the most basic things of Special Relativity, so, it's free right, but even being free is a swindle.
About the last post, is it hard to go to study to Britain or the USA? Like $, passport, visa, cost of the education, cost of a place to stay, high school degrees from other countries are probably useless so what are the requierements, and posibility of scholarships I think it's zero for people from other countries, any info is appreciated.

Edited by - roman arce on March 18, 2001 12:55:51 PM
Advertisement
quote:Original post by JonnyQuest

Same in Austria, all schools and unis are free, )

hate do disagree, but as of October the Universities are NOT free anymore.
you pay ATS 10000 a year which is about.. $800 i´d guess...
Did I say they will be free in the future? I know all about it, but I doubt it''ll change the situation in any way. Anyway, ATS 10000 isn''t much really when you come to think of it. (especially when you compare it to other countries)

- JQ
Infiltration: Losing Ground
"You just don''t understand. Guys have to be immature and stupid. It''s some biological thing. It helps us hunt and gather and stuff." -Nazrix
~phil
Roman,

Coming to the US to learn is not that difficult. Don''t get me wrong it is not easy because of immigration laws and such, but if you are sufficiently talented, you can find a scholarship and or work your way through school. You probably won''t go to Harvard or anything, but even most state schools offer you a great value for the education dollar you will spend there.

Look into student exchange programs, and other social programs that work with the US to bring foreigners into the country for education purposes. Point the desire to learn Physics at learning how to get to the place where you can learn more Physics. Learn, the system, read about it every chance you can get and I am sure that you will find a way to get to the US. It may be difficult, it may require sacrifice, but if you want it bad enough, the US is a place that you can go to, to study.

I wish you the best of luck in achieving your goals, and oh btw, you will have to study things other than Physics in college. That broad educational value is why college is so important these days. For all the reasons Ironside listed you should try to figure out how you are going to study at a good school rather than wishing your country had better schools.

Best regards.
Sincerely
Derek Licciardi
Derek Licciardi (Kressilac)Elysian Productions Inc.
quote:Original post by JonnyQuest

Anyway, ATS 10000 isn''t much really when you come to think of it.

Hmmm.... it depends on where you stand.. if you have parents who can afford putting you through university it´s not much, but if you have to earn your own living its a hell of a lot.
And if calculated to the average income of a student, the fee is somewhere between 15%-20% of the annual income. So don´t tell me it´s not much.
I''d have to agree, If you are talented in what you want to do and really have the will to do it, there are many programes availible to goto places like UK, U.S, Australia, Canada etc.
And if have a CV together (I.T) then there''s also a chance you could find a "sponsor", you work for them while you study.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement