Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PsycoBlade

More fun BSP questions.

PsycoBlade    122
1. What will we need to make BSP levels? Will q3Radeint be sufficient? 2. How is BSP collision going to work? Will the collision mesh data and stuff be held in the compiled BSP file or are we going to have to have 2 meshes (the real one and the collision one) like before? 3. I just bought a Radeon DDR 64meg VIVO and I must say I love it. I''ve never actually seen bump-mapping in action, but now that I have I want to use it in all my games. Its a realy shame that 99% of graphics cards on the market don''t support it. I guess that last one wasn''t a question.. oh well.. its 2:30am and my brain fell asleep long ago.

kaholee    122
I am working on my game now and all the characters have been done , and I am working on the 3D scenes now , luckily I haven''t start anything with 3DMAX yet .
I want to ask Chris the same question that can I use the Q3radeint as well ? Because I have use it for a long time (for making Q3 DM maps for my friends)
IF PR BSP engine can fully support Q3radeint , that will be a great news! because we need not to learn a new software again , and , my last question ,

when will the BSP support release ?
thanks!!!I feel crazy after hearding it!

ChrisE    184
1. I''m using q3Radiant. Only the first BSP model is imported (no doors or anything else).

2. Collision data is part of the BSP structures and imported from the BSP file. It uses the brushes to perform collision.

I''m having some trouble getting all of the shaders working properly. However I''m going to skip that for now because it''s just a visual thing and you don''t have to use them.

I will be releasing a new beta when I have the BSP''s in the terrain engine, and some new collision routines for the other objects finished (trees and other non bsp objects still need collision checks).

ChrisE    184
Well that''s what I started with. There is a converter, whichs converts from Quake BSP to my format and then views it, as well as a separate viewer for my format.

I really want to make an option in Landscape Studio to make BSP only levels, so you can use the same object placement tools and game logic.

PsycoBlade    122
Instead of integrating it into Landscape Studio, you could Make a new program (maybe based on Landscape Studio) called BSP Studio or something like that. It seems like for object placement you would use the original BSP editor, no? Maybe I''m on the wrong track.

ChrisE    184
Why not have one editor, that can handle BSP, landscape, or both at the same time?

I have more plans for it than just placing objects. The only problem is I''ll have to rename the editor to something new