• Advertisement

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This topic is 6212 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have programmed a Tile-Engine. Each Tile has a size of 32x32 Pixel. I use an resolution of 640x480x16 ! I use a P1 166 MMX and I get with this Tile-Engine 75 Frames per second! For this Engine I use a tilemap like this. int TileMap[100][100] Each integervalue represent a tilegraphic. Now, I have heard from multi-layer maps, which lokk like this. int TileMap[3][100][100] Question 1: Why I should need multi-layer maps. what are the advantages ?? Question 2: If I blit 3 maps instead of 1 then my Framerate is decreased to 37 FPS! If I will use multi-layerd maps, how can I programm it , that it is faster than only 37 FPS ?? Question 3 (Main Question): How can I programm an ISO-Tile-engine ?? Can I use my homogenous Tile-Engine for that ?? But how can I draw 45 degree viewed Grafiks in a 32x32 sized Tile ?? Do you know a good ISO-Tutorial or a good ISO-Page on the net ?? Can somebody send me his source-code of a ISO-Tile engine ?? HELP,HELP ... I really need help. thank you very much MFG MisterByte (Germany)

• Advertisement