Blender to DirectX

Started by
6 comments, last by Tealc 23 years ago
Hello, I''m seeking for a programm that can convert Blender to DirectX. Blender is indeed a great rendering/modelling tool but I ask myself where the heck I can find something with that I can use the models under DirectX / Direct3D. If anyone can give me hint so please do it.
Advertisement
What I do is export the model as a dxf, which I load into Cin4D which can save in DirectX format, and also my own custom format as the result of a plugin I wrote. However, as U probably won''t have Cin4D you might have a problem. I seem to remember that Microsoft has an executable you can download from their site that converts a certain file format into DX format, but I can''t remember which format - I suspect that blender will suport it though, s just find that app and export from blender the right format. If it can''t, you will probably have to add another step using another 3D design tool. Sorry I can''t be more specific.
-Lethe
Dam, forgot to add my login/password details - I did the above message;-)
Hi!

from what I''ve heard, Blender has a Python interface which should allow you to write your own file exporters...

regards,
Swordfighter
Hey Swordfighter,

I don''t know anything ''bout Python yet and I really don''t want to because this overheaded DirectX stuff is confusing me enough.

The method mentioned by Lethe seems to be very in great detail. I don''t want to use dozen of tools just to get it into the right format.

Isn''t the anyone that can help me out of this misery ?? Help.... Help .....
There is a 3ds python export script (3DSFormat.blend) by Mikado lurking somewhere on the net, but his old site is broken and I can''t find it anywhere, does anyone have it? I know the script doesn''t export textures or animation scripts, the latter due to the limited material access from the python module in 1.8 - this may have improved.
it's all a matter of perseverance
Save the file in Blender as VRML.

Then use a utility like 3D Exploration to convert to .x format

http://www.xdsoft.com/explorer/
Hi!

xdsoft have now merged with some other company and the explorer is no longer available in its old shape -

http://www.us.righthemisphere.com/3dexploration/

now the file translation features are disabled after 30 days...

Swordfighter

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement