CRPG - solving a big A.I. problem

Started by
2 comments, last by Octarinne 23 years, 1 month ago
I have been thinking of making a CPRG wich would include a lot of A.I. but it would require a lot of work for the computer to manage such a game. So I''ve been thinking about making the player not a player in the game but the actual game/dungeon master. This would result in the player giving descriptions and actions of the NPCs to the computer wich would be one or more player(s) in the game. If such a thing is theorically possible, what would be the goal of the human GM? Could this be a game? Could this be a tool for GMs to test their modules before playing them with human players? Regardless of the technical prowess needed to accomplish such a thing, what do you think of this idea?
Advertisement
See Majesty, DungeonMaster, et al.

I have Dungeon Keeper but I don''t consider this as the same thing as my idea. In dungeon Keeper you play "against" the heroes. But in my idea, you just tell them the story. A little like the old infocom games but instead of giving the commands, you give the descriptions and NPC actions. What could be the goal of the game master? (Always remembering that I''m talking about the desing side of things, not the technical difficulty of such a thing.)
Isn''t that what Neverwinter Nights will be like?
Need help? Well, go FAQ yourself. "Just don't look at the hole." -- Unspoken_Magi

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement