Sign in to follow this  
deltadream

And the winners ?

When it's done. ;)

In all seriousness, Superpig has had no end of headaches trying to get the entries judged. Judging is finally underway (I think, because he let me know that there was a memory leak in my entry), so it's only a matter of time now :)

Have patience! :)

[Edited by - Drilian on January 3, 2007 12:08:50 AM]

That's good news Drilian, and I know there are a lot of entries to be judged.

I'm just curios (don't we all ?) and I don't even have an entry :) I wonder how would'ev been if I would'ev had one.

Anyway I think we should stretch our patience a bit ;)

BTW. how did he found the memory leak ? did you have a leak reporting tool in your entry ?

Can anybody just estimate the day (or month) when the winners will be announced? I think someone, who is one of the judges. I would be very pleased, if it will be so.

:) Now that 2006 it's over they have all the time until 4E6 :)

And BTW does anyone know when 4E6 will start ? Or at least if there will be a 4E6 ?

Quote:
Original post by owl
Why the hurry? You didn't win anyway!

Well, yes, I didn't win, however, I want to know whether I'm disqualified. :)
That's why the hurry.

I visit this forum every day, it's nice reading the posts. I had to remove a DirectX dll from my zip to keep my prog from being disquallified, is yours at risk for the same reasons?

Quote:
Original post by valles
I visit this forum every day, it's nice reading the posts. I had to remove a DirectX dll from my zip to keep my prog from being disquallified, is yours at risk for the same reasons?

No. I'm just not sure whether my implementation of the Emotion element is sufficient. On forum of my 4e5 entry, someone said, that the game made him laugh. I hope it's sufficient.

Quote:
Original post by valles

Why ? is there a problem with DirectX dlls ?

Quote:
Original post by deltadream
Quote:
Original post by valles

Why ? is there a problem with DirectX dlls ?

If I remember correctly, there are some legal issues about redistributing the D3DX DLL. Maybe those have been resolved, though.

AFAIK distributing the DLL by itself still isn't allowed. You should use DirectSetup or the redistributable runtime installer packed with the SDK to distribute the DLL. I believe the redistributable will install all D3DX DLL versions up to its (the installer's) current version since December 2005 though, so you shouldn't need to worry about this.

Wow Drilian, thanks for that info. It's wild that programmers are hard at work creating tools to judge the competition.

I'm glad to see the results and of course, CONGRATULATIONS to the winners.

However, I've noticed that this year were a lot of 2D games. No more 3D FPSs, RPGs, Flight(space) sims ... what happend with this kind of games ?

You must have missed a few entries. There were several 3d ones. (mine and the Gladiator one scoring 5th and 4th place, respectively)

Jesus, some of those judge’s comments are mighty harsh, a few of the reviews barely even touch on the gameplay aspects at all, kinda feel sorry for some of the devs who spent a lot of time on their game.

Also, how is not having an installer a bad thing? I’ve always preferred zip files, especially when I’m downloading dodgy indi games.

Sign in to follow this