And the winners ?

Started by
26 comments, last by Boder 17 years, 2 months ago
Wow Drilian, thanks for that info. It's wild that programmers are hard at work creating tools to judge the competition.
Advertisement
It looks like the results are up!

Congrats to all the entrants!
My 4eV entry: Euro1943
I'm glad to see the results and of course, CONGRATULATIONS to the winners.

However, I've noticed that this year were a lot of 2D games. No more 3D FPSs, RPGs, Flight(space) sims ... what happend with this kind of games ?

You must have missed a few entries. There were several 3d ones. (mine and the Gladiator one scoring 5th and 4th place, respectively)
Jesus, some of those judge’s comments are mighty harsh, a few of the reviews barely even touch on the gameplay aspects at all, kinda feel sorry for some of the devs who spent a lot of time on their game.

Also, how is not having an installer a bad thing? I’ve always preferred zip files, especially when I’m downloading dodgy indi games.
I suppose it depends on the filesize. At least one entry was over 100 MB.
Quote:Original post by asdzxc
Jesus, some of those judge’s comments are mighty harsh, a few of the reviews barely even touch on the gameplay aspects at all, kinda feel sorry for some of the devs who spent a lot of time on their game.

Also, how is not having an installer a bad thing? I’ve always preferred zip files, especially when I’m downloading dodgy indi games.

I think the judging was to try and rate games more against the standards of casual games than just free indie game demos. This was a big learning experience for myself because it really shows how polished and robust a game needs to be if you ever plan on publishing it. Some of the games in the contest did show some real polish and could easily feature on the likes of RealArcade etc.

See everyone again at 4e6 [wink]
Richard 'ViLiO' Thomasv.net | Twitter | YouTube
I really had a lot of fun with all these fabulous games.

Congratulations to Drilian for taking first place with Mop of Destiny.

I would like to nod my head to Faith, Gladiator Deathmatch Arena, GreatRising, and probably Horror Hotel just cause I am in an adventure game craze.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement