Sign in to follow this  

Getting a game idea.

This topic is 4021 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I'm wanting to make a game for gamedev.net as downloadble, or whatever, but I'm having a hard time figuring out what I should make. I want it to be a 2d game, but don't want it to be the over done usual's, so if you have an idea on a great 2d game idea for me let me know. Right now as a platform 2D adventure game I'm making my version of Mario but it isn't mario only think about mario that is similar to it is it being a 2d adventure scroll game. So, if you have any good ideas of making a not excellent, but semi-good, semi-addicting game that will only take 10 hours or less let me know. Thanks, c.s. finch

Guest Anonymous Poster
Asteroids
with real physics (not arcade physics)
with a dash of Lunar Lander mixed in via a limited fuel quantity
and have it be in a maze instead of space

A moderator might wanna move this to Game design as it isn't related to programming.

As for a game idea... in 10 hours, well let's see in 3 hours I made a pac-man clone, so you should be able to do a lot. I'm gonna go with the anonymous poster and say make an asteroids game. That seems like it would be fun. Make it so you can upgrade guns and such. Add power ups like shields and a nuke that blows up everything on the screen. A maze would be interesting, but space would be cool. Make tons of different asteroids and when you destroy asteroids make it so they drop a power up, like a mineral or ore that gives you money to buy new weapons at the end of each level. Don't forget the UFO if you have time. I'd play this game.

This topic is 4021 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.