Converting to PDF

Started by
4 comments, last by Mulligan 17 years, 4 months ago
I have the full version of Adobe Acrobat 7.0 installed, and I've done a fair amount of work with the Adobe PDF SDK, but I can't figure out something that seems really simple. Is there an official Adobe way of converting files to PDFs? I have about 10 different 'print to pdf' print drivers installed on my computer, but I really want an official, Adobe, way of doing it. Any help would be REALLY appreciated, this has been killing me for a while.... Thanks!
Advertisement
Did you try the "Create PDF" option from the "How to..." drop down of the Help menu from inside Acrobat?
"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes." - the Laughing Man
Yea, I checked that out, but I'm looking for a way to do it through the SDK, that info is on how to do it manually.

Thanks
Is this any use?
Are you talking about making a PDF from scratch? I'm fairly certain the file format is public. I'd google it, but you can do that.
I guess I should elaborate on what I'm doing. Thanks for the help so far.

I'm writing a program that monitors a directory. Files in any format (.doc, .ppt, .jpeg etc.) can be copied into the directory at any time. When my program detects a new file, it converts it into a pdf and moves it to an output directory.

I have a working version that silently invokes an open office macro, but its really shaky, and crashes all the time. So I finally got Acrobat 7.0 Pro and am trying to do the conversion using the official Adobe SDK.

So I'm looking for some magical command in the Adobe SDK to do something along the lines of

Adobe.ConvertFileToPDF( "filename.x", "output.pdf");

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement