few questions about the new milkshape version

Started by
5 comments, last by castor 23 years ago
1) first i got ms143. if i exported a "boned" and animated model to ms-ascii, then i could import them, with bones and anims. but the latest version (152) does either import nor export of bones and animation (ms-ascii)! import of a ms3d file works like it has in v.143. does anybody know WHY? are the bones and anims now only in the bin. format available ? 2) in ms-10 SDK was a file-scpec to ascii and binary format ... now in ms-13 they aren`t. if the format hasn`t changed between 143 and 152, then forget point 2. btw: is it really true, that you need 1 file for 1 animation ? thanks...
Advertisement
1) pretty sure that the ascii format still includes the info. Why not post to the MS3D boards?

2) Format hasn''t changed. Get ms3dsdk12.zip, that has the latest info. Got this info. from Mete himself.

~~~
Cheers!
Brett Porter
PortaLib3D : A portable 3D game/demo libary for OpenGL
~~~Cheers!Brett PorterPortaLib3D : A portable 3D game/demo libary for OpenGLCommunity Service Announcement: Read How to ask questions the smart way before posting!
I have a simple question.

I have version 1.5.2 ... Does it still work with your Skeletal Animation Tutorial?
If it doesn''t work fully, where can I get an older version?

The problem I have, though haven''t fully tested, is an import halflife model saved using verion 1.5.2. It loads the model and its animation, but it requires 2 textures which don''t load at all. When I change the model to use only one texture it works, which is strange. need help here
IT will work with 1.5.2

The textures are saved with an absolute filename in MS3D. This sometimes causes problems. Step through the application and see exactly what is going wrong. Most likely the texture isn''t loading because the path is bad.

Hope this helps!

~~~
Cheers!
Brett Porter
~~~Cheers!Brett PorterPortaLib3D : A portable 3D game/demo libary for OpenGLCommunity Service Announcement: Read How to ask questions the smart way before posting!
I also have a problem. When I import Quake II *.md2 files they lose their bones and animation. Do earlier versions of Milkshape load md2''s correctly?
I also have a problem. When I import Quake II *.md2 files they lose their bones and animation. Do earlier versions of Milkshape load md2''s correctly?
quote:Original post by ArmoredCore2001a

It does the bones well from MDL files (half-life) after decompiling them. I''d have thought MD2 as well, but am not sure. You''d best ask on the MS3D forums.

~~~
Cheers!
Brett Porter

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement