Sign in to follow this  
Gagyi

Free stickman FPS

I have a little online FPS with stickmen as characters... Could anyone please give me some feedback? http://stickman.extra.hu (dont worry, english page)

it lagged for me. If your game is 100% server side, add in some bots when no real players are playing. Also the textures are an eye sore. Good work though, MMO's are challenge.

Well, hehhe, it is 100% client side :D
But its a secret, because there is no security in it, and P2P is extremely insecure.
The game is still in development, so textures and stuff will be added.
The "server" ( a NAT introducer) is online when I turn my home computer on, that means 14:00-21:00 GMT time. Thisis because only me and my classmates are playing with it, but I'm working hard to advertise it.
Oh, and I made it in one month. I dint have time for fancy textures...

Quote:
Original post by Gagyi
And making bots is hard stuff...
if it's server side one can just make dumb bots that shoot randomly and run at a target in range. Also nothing has to be changed on the client, just make fake players. But since it's P2P that is a tad different. Good luck. For some reason I can't hear the gun shot sound. It might be bugged.

Because it has to be connected to the server...
Hehhe, the program sends a "shoot" message to itself, and the receives it and make sound, particles, etc.
No server, no shooting :D
BTW, I added grass. Pretty nice looking...

Seems like a good start. I would suggest making it so you can move forwards/backwards and sideways at the same time. It felt really weird not being able to do that.

Sign in to follow this